Sunday, January 2, 2011

THE TROUT OPENER

I have had a few groups through the store this a.m. that were out on Crow yesterday. Everyone I
have talked to so far had had a real good bite!!! The fish were running nice size too. Most of the
fish caught were in the 3 to 6 pound range and one guy I talked to had released a guestimated 16
pounder.
On the other hand, between the extra snow and wind is has made things a bit rough and there are
some pockets of slush starting to develope. No one I have talked to had hit enough slush to get
stuck in though. We are clear here today and a bit cooler, I had minus 7 on the thermometer at 6 a.m..
It sounded like tubes, jigging spoons and even some jerk shads were working yesterday. No reports
from Whitefish Bay or the back lakes yet, but will update as soon as I hear anything.
All in all, everything sounded good out on the ice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment